About DaferoDafero is a social enterprise, employing vulnerable women to produce date-based, natural sweets and spreads. In addition to direct employment, we also develop life skills programs, such as an education app which includes modules such as financial literacy, early childhood education and women’s rights to help marginalized women acquire the skills necessary to reintegrate in their communities and workforce.
Our signature product is The Dafero Date Spread, a vegan, paleo, gluten- and sugar-free spread made only with dates (you’ll get to snack on unlimited supplies of it at work). Dafero was featured on Forbes, Voice of America, Influencing Entrepreneur, received the Yunus and Youth Social Entrepreneurship fellowship and launched nationally at SXSW.
About the OpportunityDafero is in the incubation phase, testing the product sales and distribution, so you will be a part of an exciting team that is constantly growing. The ideal candidate is creative, can work independently and shares the same vision of making the world healthier while supporting vulnerable women. This is perfect for those passionate about using business as tool for social good and enjoy good healthy food.
In This Role, You Will
- Manage events and sell product
- Use Square and cash to process payments
- Run weekend Farmer's Markets and sales events (estimated Saturdays 8am-2pm; paid based on sales)
- Will receive 10% of all sales made per event, with a sliding scale to 15% based on performance and duration with the company
- Flexibility to add your own events to our events calendar and increase your sales
- Work for a social enterprise with a strong mission - you'll see how increasing your sales and personal wage directly helps vulnerable women increase their livelihoods as well as helping others find healthy alternatives to the foods they love
- Be part of a wellness company, so you have to embody the high-energy, friendly spirit of the team!
In This Role, You Have To
- Be a high-energy individual with experience in multi-tasking and connecting with prospective customers in person
- Maintain a professional appearance: come as if you are going to the party, not leaving it; do not use your phone while at the events (except to process Square payments)
- Have high attention to detail and ability to maintain inventory
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $13.25 to $30.00 /hour
On the road