Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA)
Atlanta, GA, USA
Oct 03, 2021
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or relevant field required. Nine years of progressively responsible technology related management experience with diversified technical experience in the development of information technology policies and programs as it relates to:
Oracle e-Business Suite (EBS) products and interfacing applications, data warehousing,data/information planning and processing, and/or business intelligence required.
Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (Financial andHR) and Enterprise Asset Management (Inventory) - Oracle e-Business Suite and Maximus FASuite preferred. Demonstrated leadership and project management skills with the ability to prioritize resource assignments and tasks strongly desired. In lieu of degree, experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
INTERVIEW SELECTION PROCESS: The selection process mayinclude one or more components to demonstrate applicants’ knowledge, skills and abilities in job related areas. These may include exercises such as practical demonstrations, written communications, oral interviews and/or competency assessments.
Manages the performance, functionality and reliability of the Authority’s business applications including: Oracle HRMS application modules (Human Resources, Payroll, Advanced Benefits,Compensation Work Bench, Manager and Employee Self-Service, Online Learning, FastFormulas, Workflow, etc.) and Data Warehouse – Business Intelligence.
Works in collaboration with management teams to effectively establish strategies and priorities designed to support the sustainability and integrity of enterprise business application environments. Analyzes and monitors business applications in efforts to anticipate current and future needs. Serves as the subject matter expert (SME) and resolves complex application issues.
Establishes technology plans and makes recommendations for process improvements and/or enhancements in accordance with industry guidelines, standards and demands. Provides direction and guidance to project teams and effectively influence customer leadership on key decisions. Ensures the reliability and availability of service levels for business applications. Provides on-call 24x7 coverage for break/fix/enhancement solution support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manages the on-going support and upgrades needed for Oracle e-Business Suite (EBS) solutions comprised of: Oracle Financials, Projects, and Procurement;i-Procurement module, Maximus FA Suite Product (Maintenance and MaterialsManagement) and Data Warehouse – Business Intelligence.
2. Oversees the closeout of the Authority’s Business Transformation Program which includes the implementation of Oracle's Human Resources, Payroll, Timekeeping,Benefits, Activity Based Costing and Internet Applications (e.g., iSourcing,iExpenses, etc.).
3. Responsible for defining operational goals, priorities, budgets and monitoring performance against defined metrics.
4. Leads technical efforts and provides guidance to functional team members. Implements,maintains, and reengineers required system processes and/or functionality (as needed).
5. Participates in cross-functional strategic planning events and provides assessments, recommendations, and ideas for improvements. Manages the execution of strategies and tactics as determined by senior management.
6. Presents sensitive information to internal and external parties using effective communication skills and presentation techniques.
7. Establishes and maintains positive business relationships with managers and staff. Responsible for collaboration with other internal IT teams and other BU organizations to gather required tasks, direction and delegate responsibilities appropriately among team members.
8.Ensures that overall system functionality and performance meet current andfuture business requirements. Maintains a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and systems.
9. Monitors and tracks the success of a wide range of projects of varying levels of complexity, including project initiation and planning, testing, implementation, and closeout.
10. Work with analysts, source system support teams, and other partners to prioritize and drive technical deliverables across multiple data warehousing work efforts such as business intelligence, data modeling, data distribution and reporting.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Areas of Emphasis:
Strong managerial skills leading IT professionals
Oracle e-Business Suite
ERP Financial & HR
Project Management Professional
About Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA)